2016-2017 Bus Routes are here.
2016-2017 Bus Routes
BUS 57 – aka Kmart bus / Isleta
7:45 am 1. Kmart at Carlisle and 1-40
8:00 am 2. Arenal and Isleta in the Martin Brother’s
1635 Isleta Blvd SW, Albuquerque, NM 87105
8:10 am 4. Isleta and Rio Bravo – Albertson’s Shopping Center
3:50 1. Isleta and Rio Bravo Albertson’s
4:00 2. Coors/Rio Bravo Walmart
4:30 3. Kmart I-40 and Carlisle
BUS 58 aka the Walmart Bus
7:18 am 1. Petroglyph Park
7:30 am 2. Parkway Park (Unser and Ladera)
7:45 am 3. Saphire and Unser Walgreens
8:00 am 4. Coors / Rio Bravo Walmart
3:55 1. Coors / Rio Bravo Walmart
4:10 2. Saphire and Unser Walgreens
4:30 3. Parkway Park (Unser and Ladera)
4:45 4. Petroglyph Park
Students must be picked up within 10 minutes of the stop time or will be returned to TIS. Thank You!
For additional information regarding bus routes or schedules, please contact:
Follow The Sun Tours Transportation School Services 505.286.9434
Drop-off & Pick-up Procedures
Supervision: School grounds are only supervised during the instructional school day.
Arrival: Students shall not be dropped off on school campus more than ten (10) minutes BEFORE the school instructional day begins (8:30 am) unless they participate in the Roadrunner Before & After School Program or participate in the school’s breakfast program (8:00 am).
Pick-up: Students shall be picked up within ten (10) minutes at the END of the day (3:30 pm). If extenuating circumstances prevent a family from picking up a student on time, the Office must be notified by 3:00 pm. Students will then be admitted to the Roadrunner Before & After School care until pickup. Personnel from the Roadrunner Before & After School Program will address chronic late pick-up by parents, which may include charging for the program services or notifying appropriate authorities.
Parking Lot Safety: The roads around TIS are one-way. Parents may drop off in the bus lane after 8;20 AM. Parent may NOT park in the bus lane during pick-up. Cars in the bus lane may be towed. Parents dropping off in the Kindergarten drop-off area, must proceed around the one-way loop. DO NOT drive back down the road toward Eastman Crossing. The speed limit is 10 MPH around TIS at all times. Thank you for taking the time to ensure the safety of the TIS students and community during drop-off and pick-up.
Safety Standards for Student Drop-off & Pick-up Area
The student drop-off and pick-up area for Kindergarten students is located in the rear area of campus, along the dirt road accesses the ABQ Studios (Delivery Entrance), and the parking lot area next to the Main Office area. The following is required of all those choosing to pick-up and/or drop-off their child at school:
- DO NOT leave your car unattended or blocking traffic at the curb.
- Always model safe behavior for the children
- Please refrain from using a cellphone while driving through pick-up and drop-off areas
- Follow the direction of the staff on duty in this area at all times.
- ALWAYS be patient when dropping off and/or picking up your child. Please remember the speed limit is 5 mph.
- Cars may not park, drop-off and/or pick-up students in the fire lanes.
- Children should not walk between cars to get dropped off or picked up, whether or not accompanied by an adult.
- NM laws state that all public schools are no smoking zones. Please do not smoke, even inside your vehicle, while you wait, pick-up or drop-off.