About Our School
The International School at Mesa Del Sol is a K-11 and growing public charter school in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our charter is granted by the State of New Mexico to teach the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum. TIS is an IB Certified World School for the Primary Years Programme (K-5) and offers the grades 6-11 which includes a 6-8 middle school and a 9-11 high school with planned expansion to 12th grade.
Our vision is to bring a meaningful, comprehensive contemporary education to all students, regardless of personal circumstance, to motivate them to learn and be actively engaged in our school community. It is our vision that with this foundation, children will grow into adults with the hearts, minds, and hands to build a better world.
We strive to prepare children to understand and live in their communities and the world by giving them:
- The ability to manage differences, complexity, and ambiguity
- The ability to embrace different cultural perspectives
- The ability to communicate, negotiate, and work across cultures
- The ability to speak a foreign language fluently
- The ability to understand and build community
- The ability to understand the world through multi-faceted prisms: the arts, humanities, social sciences, religions, natural sciences, mathematics, technology, communications, and languages.
What Makes TIS Special?
- International Baccalaureate(IB) Curriculum (www.ibo.org)
- IB-trained teachers
- Spanish language, music, art, and PE classes are taught at all grade levels.
- Middle/High School Performing Arts and Fine Arts programs and Foreign Language taken EVERY year.
- Hands-on Inquiry-based learning
- Thinking Maps ®
- Small Class Size for individual attention and differentiated instruction
- Full-time reading specialists